Monday 29 April 2013

Seemed like such a good idea

Yes it seemed like such a good idea at the time, after a gentle and supereasy 5 miles in decided that I would save my lunch half hour and take it at the end of the day, cycle home the long way round, 16 miles, and do it in a record time getting home at the same time as I would if I did the 5 miles usual route. All went well until impatient driver forced me to keep closer to the edge than normal on a bad bend and BANG went the backwheel on a pothole the size of an Olympic swimming pool. Fear not, spares in saddle pouch meant back on road 10 mins later but now found I was cycling into a very strong headwind for 12 miles. Result, average speed dropped to 11mph, total energy drainer and there wasn't much on tap as I had not eaten since my porridge at 7.30 am. Finally got home 637 cals av bpm 124 max 149. Hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment